Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Alaska

I cried twice this week.  Once during my exit interview at work and flying into Anchorage. Glaciers and coastline and vast mudflats with shining channels of water that are the axons and dendrites of the Pacific. 
This place is incredible.  

A trip to REI, some bear spray and a few last items.  Dinner with a friend and today I hit the road.   I have the most wonderful 'warm showers' hosts who have ridden their bikes all over Alaska and Canada and are full of great information, advice and amazing hospitality.
 


Alaska. I'm in it.  

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Great pictures flying in, glad to see you're there! Keep the pictures coming. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharah,
    This is fantastic. I'll be following along enviously. Your writing in this and the previous posts on your preparations is crisp and evocative, the photos just right.
    I feel sure you know, but I would remind and reinforce: experience first , Blog whenever.
    Jack Manley

    ReplyDelete